#1 - Will my Home Insurance provide coverage for water damage?

Depends on the carrier, most basic policies do not provide this coverage. Must be added by endorsement.

There are two types of water coverage; accidental and sudden or leakage and seepage. You need both to be fully protected.

#2 - I have sold my home, will not close for two weeks. Leasing until we close; do I need to do anything with my homeowners insurance?

Yes, a homeowner’s policy is null and void once the renters move in. We have to rewrite to a landlord’s policy.

#3 - We are having a swimming pool installed in our back yard. Do we need to do anything with our home insurance?

The only thing of concern on the pool is the pump etc. However you need a personal umbrella policy for any liability issues that may come up due to the pool.

#4 - I just purchased a three wheeler (ATV). Is that covered under my home owners policy?

No, the only vehicle covered under your home insurance is a riding lawn mower.  We need to write a separate policy for the ATV.

#5 I am going to add a deck and an arbor. Do I need to add to my home policy?

Your policy provides 10% of the value of your home for other structures. This includes your fence, deck, arbor and storage building in the back yard. We need to review your policy values to make sure there is enough coverage. We can increase this coverage if needed.

#6 - Why does the insurance company want me to cover my home for more than the market value?

The insurance value is based on what it would cost to rebuild your home in the event of a total loss. The cost includes debris removal, cost of labor, cost of materials at the time of loss.

#7 - Am I required to have liability insurance for my motorcycle?

Yes, the state of Texas requires minimum liability on all street legal vehicles.

#8 - I just purchased two jet skis, do I need coverage for them?

Yes, they are not covered under you home insurance, we can provide a separate policy that will not only cover the Jet skis but also provide liability while on the water.

#9 - I am thinking about an addition to my home? Do I need to increase my homeowner’s coverage?

Yes, this will increase the value of your home. What is the additional square footage……. Etc.

#10 - If my car is totaled in an accident or by hail, how much will the insurance pay?

You are entitled to the average retail of your vehicle at the time of the loss. This is assessed by:

  • Miles on the vehicle
  • Equipment on the vehicle
  • Age of the vehicle
  • Overall condition
  • Do your homework, this can be negotiated with the company.